How Interim works
- We are moving away from the classic locum model of recruitment and instead are focusing on long-term locum assignments, or long term Interim GP’s.
- We place GP’s into 12 month rolling contracts, and either pay them on a day rate or session rate, so that earnings are more comparable to locum GP’s rather than Salaried GP’s.
- Our agreements with CCG’s and Practices is to only charge an introductory fee for the GP for the year – there is no additional margin on top of your day rate.
- As with locum work you are free to leave at any time, you do not sign a contract for the whole 12 month period (we do as a business). Should you decide to leave we put another Doctor in that post without any additional charge to the practice.
- The position we put you into would be yours for as long as you want it, much like a salaried GP’s role (i.e. this can extend well beyond the initial 6 or 12 month engagement).
- Our goal is to place you into a Practice or Practices at which you are happy to stay for the long term. This will provide a sustainable value for money service to the Practice, and is commercially viable to us.
- This methodology provides continuity and sustainability for GPs, Practices and Patients.
- To support our GP’s we employ Engagement Managers (most of whom are ex-clinicians) who visit with our GP’s and the Partners/ Practice Managers once a month.
- Our GP Engagement Managers ensure that our GP’s integrate as part of the practice as a salaried GP would, and receive a fair work load.
- Should our GP’s want to look into specialisms or additional training for future career prospects eg. Becoming a GP Trainer our Engagement Managers can facilitate this.
- Our GP’s have the choice to work on a direct engagement model or through a Limited Company – working through a limited business provides a tax efficiency that allows are GP’s to maximise their earnings.
The Essex Role
- £600-650 a day / £138,000-£149500pa – based on 10 sessions per week.
- Interim Setup (As below)
- 8:30AM-18:00PM or 9:00AM-18:30PM
- 15-18 Patients per session + Admin & Visits (Although the practice is not visit heavy due to ANPs/ENPs also being responsible for visits)
If you have any further queries regarding either our Interim GP concept, or the Essex role specifically please contact sean@Primarycareprofessionals.co.uk