This is the stuff they don’t tell you at Medical School!!
The PMA has developed a series of full day workshops originally commissioned by the BMA & Royal College of General Practitioners specifically focussed on the ‘business’ aspects of General Practice. The series is aimed at GPs, Partners and practice managers and is delivered by specialists in these areas.
The PMA is delighted to partner with Primary Care Professionals – whose sponsorship has enabled the development of these workshops
The series has been developed from a training programme delivered in Scotland and Northern Ireland for the BMA and further adapted from an RCGPs programme in England and Wales – the evaluations from these initial programmes showed that the training was highly relevant and welcomed by GPs.
GPs and GP partners are in most cases self-employed and running highly effective, successful small to medium sized businesses. This in turn means they take on management responsibilities and liabilities for finance, staff, HR, premises, procurement, risk management and many more
areas areas of business management – often without any specific training or guidance.
The PMA Business Workshops for GPs and Practice Managers programme covers the basic fundamentals of managing the GP practice. The initial programme comprises:
- Understand Accounts, Financial Liabilities of the Practice, Tips on Managing Practice Finances and Taxation
- Partnerships (The Quality Practice, Partnership Agreements & Partnership Changes), Federations and Going for Gold and Pensions Update
- Employment Issues – Employment Law and Staff Management, Performance Management – changing staff behaviour
- Understanding Risk & Governance – Business Continuity, Liabilities & Data Management
- Dispute Resolution – Internal & External Disputes, Partnership Mediation & Medical Negligence
- CQC Inspection Framework – Being ready for when it happens
For further information on Business Workshops for General Practitioners and Practice Managers as well as practice management newS, click here.